|Flax seed Muffin w/ 5 Blackberries|
Jorge Cruise appeared on the Dr. Oz show and made the same muffin in a coffee mug and when he popped it out, it looked like one of the molten lava cakes or chocolate souffle. Okay, yes I've been on a very low sugar diet for a low time, so my "sugar glasses" skew this sort of thing....
With my egg aversion and no grains, breakfast is very difficult. So finally I broke down and made the Flax Seed Muffin, and I am hooked! It's my goto breakfast now and is perfect for any diet you are doing. Low sugar, no sugar, Atkins, Belly Fat Cure, Fast Track, Paleo, Weight Watchers... you name it. Here is how I make mine. After I've had my morning coffee, I reuse my cup and add these ingredients:
- 3 Tblsp Ground Flax seed (I get mine at Costco)
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Stevia (most people will want to include this)
- Handful of Blueberries (10) or Blackberries (5)
- 1 Tbsp Raw Cacao (raw cocoa)
- A few chocolate chips (5)
- 1 Tbsp Nature's Hallow Jam
- Pumpkin Butter - 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Puree, 1 Tbsp soft butter
|Flax seed muffin w/ chocolate chips|
It reminds of that old Paul Simon song "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" and this should be called "50 Ways to Make Your Muffin". (ps. I named my blog with his Me & Julio in mind...)
Update: Apparently Jorge has Minute Muffin Fever too! He has just posted a video and pdf file with several variations on the muffin. You can check out his variations HERE.